Thursday, April 15, 2010

Ladies and Gents..... We're registered for Kindergarten!!!



It's funny to me that she is thrilled!!, yet.. I'm absolutely terrified. The teachers told us "I wish all the kids that came in today were as happy as she is." lol.. But all is grand in the world of a 5 year old when given a box of crayons, cookies, lemonade, the promise of a big yellow school bus and endless playmates.



The teacher that was most vocal with us that day just so happened to be the integration teacher. Very kind and patient.. she explained some of the procedures of her classroom and lifted my spirits a little.



We all want success and acceptance for our children and we all, everyone of us, feel that we want it more than the next parent. I guess that one of the biggest things that I've learned being the mom that I have been given the opportunity to be is... That my problems are never bigger or smaller than anothers. And that I will always feel blessed to have them because that means that I have a purpose in something bigger than myself.



Being that it's right at the 5 year anniversary of her diagnosis.. i'm going to share the first pic I sent to the WS site...


This is Riley Kait. She was diagnosed with WS at three months.. She is 6mos in this pic..


more followed and has changed so much since then...
HERE'S A FEW RECENT PICS

First days of Pre-K
Riley and I at New Years dinner
Holiday pic












No comments: